Camarillo AirportAirport Camarillo
There is a seperate airport in the southwestern part of the airport for light sports and ultralight aircraft only. The Camarillo Airport was founded in 1942 when the California State Highway Department built an additional airstrip with a 1,500 meter long airstrip, which was lengthened to 2,400 meters (8,000 ft) in 1951 to give it the space that had evolved into Oxnard Air Force Base.
The Camarillo airport extends over an area of 260 hectares and includes a 8/26 strip measuring 1,833 x 46 metres (6,013 x 150 ft). Over the 12-month to 5 June 2006 horizon, 153,360 aeroplanes were operated, representing an annual mean of 420 per day: This airport has 600 aircraft:
It is 84% single-engine, 8% multi-engine, 5% ultra-light, 3% jets and 1% helicopters It is an FAA-towered installation and there are three fixed-base operators seated at the airport. Camarillo Composite Squadron 61 of the California Wing of the Civil Air Patrol is seated at this apron. CAP installations are near Sky Blue Air, at the eastern end of the airport.
Section 723 of the Experimental Aircraft Association and its installations are situated east of the CAF building in twoangars. Ventura County Fire and Sheriff Departments each provide large, discrete units at opposite ends of the camp to assist new recruits and recurrent refresher courses. Camarillo Airport Archived 2012-02-07 at the Wayback Machine.
Aeroplane construction in the Los Angeles area during the Second World War, Cypress, CA, 2013. "Connie's espionage aircraft is leaving Camarillo Airport for a new home." The Ventura County Star.