I need Taxi numberNeed a taxi number.
- How many persons can get into a taxi? - If there is no space in the rear seats, may a front seating position be used? - Need to know how to get to any New York City location? - What is the Act for the use of mobile phones and taxi riders?
- Will JFK's Flatrates expand to the New York City Isles? - What are the rates for travel outside New York City? - Where can I find my Taxi Cab mementos? - Can anyone at the Taxi and Limousine Commission charge a price in New York City in anticipation of a journey?
- Using a credit in a taxi - What is a locket and why is it important to get the voucher after the journey? It is the perfect blend of four letters and numbers for this cabin. The locket number is printed on the bonnet, number plates and top of the taxi, as well as on the divider and your voucher.
This consists of a number, followed by a character, followed by two numbers. The TLC can recognize the driver/taxi operator by the number of the locket if you have found your belongings in a taxi, or if you are complaining about or want to congratulate a taxi operator. Unless this information or the driver's name and registration plate is provided, it is hard to locate the taxi without the first contact between the TLC and the front seat passengers.
When leaving the taxi, it is advisable to always take a receipts with you. These lights are referred to as fault lights and are on the back of the taxi, directly to the leftside of the boot load. Drivers who are looted can push a key in the cabin that flashes the lights and warns drivers of driving vehicles.
- How many persons can get into a taxi? Driver rule 54-15(g) (in PDF): Permitted legal numbers of persons in a complimentary taxi are four (4) in a four (4) or five (5) in a five (5) passenger taxi, except that an extra person must be accommodated if that person is under seven (7) years of age and held in the back seat on the back of an adult person.
- If there is no space in the rear seats, may a front seating position be used? Translated from the driver's rule 54-15(h) (in PDF): According to the TLC (Taxi and Limousine Commission) regulations, a person who is not able to get on or drive in the taxi's front section may take the front seats next to the drivers.
It is not allowed for the rider to reject more than one stop. At the end of your journey you will be charged the full price of the ticket. When you are in a condition where the taxi operator denies you access to several locations, get the taxi's locket number and call us at 3-1-1-1 to lodge a claim against the taxi operator.
Excerpts from rule 54-15(f)(2), rule 55-15(f), 60A-23 (in PDF): Taxi riders must use the E-Z passport when crossing the road charge. Passengers shall refund to the chauffeur all road charges incurred during the journey. Passengers pay the reduced road charge for the E-Z passport. - Need to know how to get to any New York City location?
In addition, all taxi operators licenced by the New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission must have a card at their disposal. Taxis are not allowed to deny services because they do not know how to get there. - What is the Act for the use of mobile phones and taxi riders?
Excerpts from driver rule 54-14(e) and driver rule 55-14(g) (in PDF): The taxi and limousine commission has no regulations, as this is a state exception. The Newark International Airport - The fixed price from New York City to Newark International airfield is the normal price, plus $17.50 supplement, plus all toll fees to and from the area.
JFK and Manhattan: John F. Kennedy International Airport - The TLC has launched a travel to and from JFK and Manhattan programme. Package price is $52.00 plus all toll fees. JFK to or from any point in New York City outside of Manhattan, and the measured fares apply.
The LaGuardia International Airport - There is no fixed price for travel to and from the LaGuardia International Airport. In any case, the normal, measured ticket price shall apply, as shown below. 50 overnight supplement between 8:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. The tariff is: One fifthmile if the cab travels at six (6) mph or more; or 60 seconds if the cab is not moving or travels at less than six (6) mph.
Taximeters combines break measurements of distances and times to obtain a single ticket price per person. Travel price includes a forecast of the currently accumulated units; the amount due may therefore contain a full standard fee for a last broken units. - Will JFK's Flatrates expand to the New York City Isles?
- What are the rates for travel outside New York? This counter is activated for the whole journey and the customer pays the default fare (fare code 1) to the district manager, then the fare for Nassau/Westchester (fare code 4) to the final destination. 1. Tariff code 4 is twice as high as tariff code 1.
Price is a fixed tariff that is fixed between the traveller and the rider and must be payed at the end of the journey. - is a lump sum price that is fixed between the traveller and the rider and must be settled at the end of the journey.
- Incidentally, Connecticut The fares are fixed between the passengers and the drivers and must be payed at the end of the journey. - N.Y.State Westchester County: This counter is activated for the whole journey and the customer pays the default tariff (tariff code 1) to the district manager, then the Nassau/Westchester tariff (tariff code 4) to the final destination. 1.
Tariff code 4 is twice as high as tariff code 1. - ( without the districts of Westchester and Nassau): It is a flat-rate price that is fixed between the customer and the chauffeur and must be payed at the end of the journey. Translated from Rule 54-14(d) (in PDF): In case the journey would require the taxi operator to serve the taxi for more than 12 successive driving times, which is forbidden, this operator may deny the carriage of a person to these destination.
- Where can I find my Taxi Cab mementos? - Can anyone at the Taxi and Limousine Commission charge a price in New York City in anticipation of a journey? There is no way to pre-calculate a ticket price, as the metre rates depend on transport, building, weather conditions and routes to the final destinations. Driver rule 54-20 (in PDF format):
It' s against the laws to reject a man on the grounds of racial or ethnic origin, handicap or goal in New York City. Taxi drivers are needed to take a traveller to any desired location in the five districts. They are administered by the New York State Department of Insurances. To resolve an issue with an entitlement with a TLC licensed individual and lodge a claim with the New York State Department of Insurances, please click here.
Yes, the driver accepts credit/debit for all tariffs; there are no minimum requirements or charges for using your credit/debit. Clients only need to subscribe to the voucher if the amount is 25 Euros. If my credit/debit is not working, what happens? In the event that credit/debit payments are not made, passenger may make payments in real time or use another type of ticket.
If, after swipeing my credit/debit cards, the chauffeur notifies me that the payment has not been made and asks for money, what should I do? Rear seat PIM alerts the traveller when a credit/debit ticket is authorized. Once the display shows that the payment order has been accepted, your payment will be debited and the payment made to the cardholder.
The last four numbers of your bank account number are usually noted on the voucher. When you are doubly debited, go to 311 Online to file a customer claim against the chauffeur and your payment processor to apply for a charge back. To file an indictment against the rider, you must participate in a TLC trial at 40 Rector Street in Lower Manhattan to file a customer claim.
Could a rider decline to allow a traveller to use their credit/debit key? It is not. Riders must use American Express, MasterCard, VISA and Discover (and some will use the JCB card) on all rates. Operator must pay credit/debit tickets for each ticket price. In the event that a rider alleges that the system is defective and/or is preventing a rider from using their credit/debit code, please notify the TLC of the coin number by going to 311 Online.
So what happens when a rider says the system isn't working? You should write down the number of the locket and go online to 311. I' m worried about safety, who will pull the credit/debit cards through? Passengers draw the map and can input the tip on the rear-touchscreen.
It is not necessary to give the ticket to the rider. Furthermore, all taxi taxis are certificated according to the Payment card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard. Is it possible to input my debt postcard number via a keyboard? System only works with signature-based credit/debit cards. A MasterCard or Visa emblem on the debt should be acceptable to taxis.
Drivers will give you the receipts the way they do now. If I want to make a payment by cash cards, what should I do, but the rider tells me that he has already clicked the "Cash" icon? Tell the chauffeur that you want to make a payment by using a valid plastic slip. He or she can either cancel the PIM or set the amount as a bargained tariff (tariff 5).