airlines Alaska

Alaska Airlines sued co-pilot for drug use, allegedly raped by airline master during the stopover Alaska Airlines alleges to be responsible for the drug use and rape of the co-pilot during a stay in Minneapolis in June and the following default to bring him to justice. This seemed like any other work stop along the Alaska Airlines airway: the Alaska Airlines airstrip: the Alaska Airlines airstrip: Upon arrival in Minneapolis, the skipper and his co-pilot Betty Pina drove to the air crew's motel and later joined up in the aircraft's snack and drink room, which was equipped for the airline's staff.

After that there should be a brief night before they flew back to Seattle the next mornings. However, things blurred for Pina before she made it back to her room that night, she said. They began with a jar of fine red wines, said Pina, supplied by the master - an experienced Alaskan pilots whom she had never even contacted before joining forces for the three-day mission last June.

Commenting that her beverage was fun, Pina couldn't hold her face up after just a few swallows and felt the wall close. Next of all, when she came to, Pina said, she found herself bare from the bottom of her neck down in abed that was wet with puke. Said she also listened to the skipper, who was in the same room, on the telephone, telling an officer of the carrier that he had been drunk.

Pina, 39, a Seattle-based helicopter driver and decorator who has been making business trips to Alaska since 2016, is filing a lawsuit against the company. Alaska Airlines alleges that she is responsible for the presumed drug use and rape of her master that evening and the following omission to bring him to justice after she reports what occurred to airlines officers.

"I' m angry that he still works there," Pina said about the defendant skipper, who she said will remain on Alaska's current priority board for aviators. A 50-year-old vet driver and Nevada native, Paul Engelien, the defendant skipper, did not react to telephone news he received on Wednesday. In June, when an inquiry was opened, Engelien was immediately expelled from the flight, according to the airline's guidelines, Egan said.

When the news of Pina's suit came in early Wednesday, an officer of the carrier approached her and asked her to volunteer to retire from a planned working trip, according to her lawyers Eric Makus and Lincoln Beauregard. Mr Egan said the carrier was contacting Pina just to verify her well-being. "As Makus said, Betty will be flying as planned," he added, saying that the officer on Wednesday said a sound modification to Pina and offered her "full assistance.

This is not quite how the airlines have dealt with the issue so far, Pina and her attorneys said in an Tuesday interviewer. Having told her how she found her lingerie in her zip wallet in Engelien's room that evening, Pina said she was sorry not to call 911 immediately. Instead, in the first misty few hour after the event, Pina said she felt ill and puzzled - gripped by the worry of loosing a 17-year aerospaceian career she had dreamt of when she grew up in Kansas.

In the meantime, Pina said that she had learnt that on the evening of the event a cabin hostess had told the first serving officers that he had watched angels walk into a gangway of a building with two jars of fine food and a lady in distress. "On the next morning the member of the team did not seem to be feeling well when he flew with (angels), so named (first mate in service)", said Pina.

According to their complaint, this account caused the following phone call of the person on call in Engelien's room and asked about his suitability for the service. Once angels confirmed the drink, the orderly scraped the skipper and Pina from controlling the plane's plane back to Seattle, she said. Instead, the two were placed in a tour bus that was used on a later plane to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Pina said.

Pina said before and during the plane ride that Engelien said to her "that I was really intoxicated the night before and had come to him". Previously in Seattle, pilot trade unions and airlines delegates interviewed both drivers and accepted explanations over the next two working days, Pina said. Said Pina that at first she didn't like to report the robbery, but rather altered her opinion after she returned home after the airlines interview and found "a palm print squeeze" on her leg and other bruises.

The accusations were first brought to the attention of Pina's trade union delegate on the 7 June evening, two working days after the suspected attack, and one working night later to a personnel officer in Alaska. At the beginning of July, Pina said that she had again passed on her accusations to a solicitor, Marcella Reed, who had been instructed by the carrier to conduct an investigation.

She said the inquiry focussed on whether Engelien and Pina may have breached the company's guideline of discouraging drivers from drinking alcoholic beverages within 10 working days of a regular airliner. As of June, the carrier had put Pina on remunerated holiday and told her not to discuss her inquiry, she said. Meanwhile, Reed received various declarations and allegedly in August told Pina that an inspection of the hotel's safety videotape showed that angels were trying to violently kill Pina in an elevator. Reed was not able to find a way to do so.

"Said that I was out of action, that it took 18 to 20 min. to get from the lift to the room, and all the while he was trying to get me into the room, and I was trying to lead every battle I could," said Pina. Eventually in December, Pina said, Alaska's Seattle Bay CO told her she could soon get back in the dashboard.

" She remembered. In January, Pina was brought back into service. Fearing that she might be compelled to return with angels, despite the basic boss's promise that she will not. Air carriers have not taken remedial actions, the attorneys said, so they lodged a formal complaint with the King County Superior Court on Wednesday.

She said she was open to prosecution for angelic crimes.

Mehr zum Thema