Old Jets for SaleAncient jets for sale
. Douglas DC3 and DC4DC 3 SN 4232810DC 3 SN 3223940DC 4 SN 10409DC 4 SN 10307For sale Douglas DC3 and DC4DC Complete aircrafts, which have not flew for a long time.... Constructed in 1984, this is the only Tornado plane of the type T2A that exists.
The Tornado is a T-bird twinstick version of the Tornado.... It' well stocked and the third owners like to buy it.
Military Turbine Aircraft for sale
Powered by a robust design right from the start, turbo jets are rated for peak performance and dependability, and are capable of operating in a variety of potentially hazardous conditions. We have high hopes and even higher safety levels for cars, aeroplanes and other items of machinery destined for warfare. Indeed, turbo fan airliners differ from other turbine-powered airliners in that they are specifically developed for use in defence missions, be it transportation, intelligence or even warfare.
Specifically designed for use in a variety of possible operational settings. Also some Sikorsky UH-60A Black Hawks are for sale, which were already produced in the 1970'.
Intermediate storage areas for aeroplanes, excess aeroplane sale warehouses and dismantling installations for excess army aeroplanes after the Second World War.
Airplanes play a pivotal part in the United States' defeat of hostile armies in World War Two. As soon as freedom was secured, however, the army had a vast excess of airplanes. Some 294,000 planes had been produced by the United States for wartime use. In 1944, the U.S. Foreign Economic Administration began a programme to eliminate certain outdated, corrupted and excess foreign troops.
In the aftermath of the conflict, estimations of the number of planes in stock were estimated at up to 150,000. A few US air planes abroad were not valuable enough to return to the States and were therefore either interred, terrorized or dumped at Sea. However, most were brought home for warehousing, sale or scrap.
One year after the signature of the treaty, some 34,000 planes were taken to 30 sites in the USA for recycling by the War Assets Administration (WAA) and the Reconstruction Finance Corporation (RFC). RFC set up warehouses throughout the entire land to stock and ship excess planes.
By November 1945 it was expected that a number of 117,210 aeroplanes would be carried as surpluses. It was found that too many working manours were needed to disassemble airplanes for parts and that the costs of storing the parts were too high.
And the rest of the plane was chopped into chunks and put into a large oven or melting plant. Aluminium was the coveted base material, which was molten and cast into bars intended for sale and shipment. Air carriers purchased a number of transportation jets, mainly DC-3 and C-54 jets, to build up their post-war stock of passenger jets.
However, other aeroplanes were handed over to civil controls or to the air forces of allies. Rest of the aircrafts were classed as 1) "obsolete" or 2) "suitable for use in the air defence reserve". Among other things, the Jet Revolutions made many airplanes redundant, among them the P-38, B-17 and B-24, while airplanes such as the B-29, A-26 Invader and C-47 were intended for reserves.
The airplanes were then given an aerodrome, e.g. Kingman and Walnut Ridge for short-term warehousing and later waste management or Davis-Monthan and Pyote for longer-term warehousing. At the beginning of 1945, the ATSC (Air Technical Service Command) began searching for sites to store surplus warplanes. The airfield near the coast has exposed airplanes to mould, corruption and rusts.
Finally, practicable bins were located. The majority of outdated aircraft were moved to one of 28 stockyards, among them these seven large waste management facilities: Kingman Army Airfield in Arizona was constructed at the beginning of World War II as Aerial Gunnery Base. One of the biggest aerodromes of the Army Air Corps, it trained 35,000 people.
From 1942 to 1945, the U.S. Army Air Forces purchased about 4,145 hectares in Mohave County and founded Kingman Army Airport. In April 1945 the practice activity was concluded and the pitch was put into stand-by mode. Following the Napoleonic Wars, the airport was one of several used by the army to stock a large number of excess planes.
The Kingman project featured vast open space, good air for aeroplane stowage and three take-off and landing strips, one of which was 6,800 ft long. RFC quickly set up sales depot no. 41 in Kingman, and in October 1945 aeroplanes were entered, parcled and used. Soon up to 150 aeroplanes per capita flew to Kingman every single night, and by the end of 1945 the entire fleet had grown to around 4,700.
Built by Jefferson City, Missouri, the firm was the Wunderlich contracting company that won an 18-month deal from the Federal government for $2. 78 million to cut 5,400 planes to aluminium bars. The Kingman was usually flown by live combat crews, and civil crews were responsible for park and classify. During the following month, Kingman dismantled a number of brands of new airplanes directly from the production line.
In Kingman, three kilns were used to melt the aeroplane parts. Estimates indicate that around 5,500 planes were sold and disposed of in Kingman in 1945 and 1946. Kingman holdings included B-17, B-24, B-25, B-26, Consolidated B-32, P-38, P-63 and A-20 planes. The Walnut Army Air Field, situated in the north east of Arkansas, was launched on 15 August 1942 with the advent of the first contingents of major members of the armed forces.
Conceived for 5,114 soldiers and 976 plain servicemen, the airport had three 5,000-foot airstrips, a vast 63-acre runway, four large hangers, a basic engeneering facility, and a fully staffed hospitals with 203 beds. At the end of the WWII, Walnut Ridge was an excellent location for excess airplane cargo due to its large surface area and large park dock.
Approximately 10,000 to 11,000 fighter planes were flew to Walnut Ridge in 1945 and 1946 to be stocked, sold or scrapped. In addition, large numbers of Curtiss P-40 Warhawk fighter jets were stocked there waiting for the melt; many of them were stacked in vertical position to conserve floor area. It was a civil flight training college founded before the Second World War and later commissioned by the German Air Force (AAF) to provide pilot training.
During work with the army, the academy apprenticed army air cadets to pilot Stearmans and BT-13s. After 10,365 hunter and air force fighters and air force bombers had been educated for the efforts of the enemy, the Cal-Aero Academy was shut down on 16 October 1944. La Grande was situated just south of Los Angeles, near Chino and Ontario, California. The Reconstruction Finance Corporation (RFC) set up a warehouse on the dormant Cal-Aero field after the end of the Great Patriotic War, although the RFC called it "Ontario".
Located around the airport, the farm was an ideal place to store excess warplanes. Almost 1,900 planes were handed over to Cal-Aero, of which about 500 were bought and the remainder disassembled. The following aircrafts were sent to Cal-Aero: A melting plant was run by the Sharp & Fellows contractor to produce the Cal-Aero parts off-site in Norco, CA.
A lot of C-46 commands were sent to the Cal-Aero field (see picture on the right) to be stored, sold and disposed. Today, the Cal-Aero field is known as Chino Airport. This is also home to two outstanding aviation museum, the Planes of Fame Air Museum and the Yanks Air Museum. In the 1930' Albuquerque was serviced by two privately owned airfields, West Mesa Airport and Oxnard Field.
The Albuquerque municipal aerodrome was opened in 1939 a few kilometres western of Oxnard Field, with two paving strips for take-off and landing. The Albuquerque Army Air Force Air Force Centre began in January 1941 and was finished in August 1941 on a site next to the city aerodrome. Intermediate and intermediate flight instruction in fighter planes was offered, especially in the B-17 and B-24 Liberator.
In February 1942 the name of the institution was altered to Kirtland Army Air Field. The Kirtland field was transformed into a B-29 Superfortress basis in March 1945. Manhattan Project researchers were flew back and forth from Kirtland Field to Wendover Army Airbase and Los Alamos. At the end of World War II, Oxnard Field began to receive excess army airmen and hunters.
More than 1,500 old airplanes on its unsurfaced airstrips, such as outdated B-24 Liberator and B-17 Flying Fortress Bomber, as well as P-38 and P-51 fighter and other airplanes, were delivered to the area. Planes were to be resold or torn down on site, and most were even recovered by Compressed Steel Corporation.
Later Oxnard became part of Kirtland Air Force Base, the Air Force's primary base for the integration of new weapon design manufactured by Sandia Laboratory into USAF operative aircrafts and equipments. This was the storage site for over 8,000 US Navy airplanes. Until April 1946 more than 8,800 aircrafts were stocked in Clinton, mainly F6F Hellcats, FM Wildcats and TBM Avengers....
1949 the basis was moved to the city of Clinton, only to be recalled in 1954 by the Department of Defense for the construction of the Clinton-Sherman Air Force-Base. Further naval warehousing and processing plants after World War II were at NAS Litchfield Park near Phoenix and NAS Norfolk in Virginia. The Litchfield Park stayed until 1965, when its activities were handed over to Davis-Monthan AFB.
The Altus Army Air Field in Oklahoma was opened in early 1943 and until April 1945 was used as an Advanced Flying School. Boeing-Stearman Kaydet T-17 and T-9 were the most important trainer aircrafts. Once the pupils had honed their abilities with these airplanes, they switched to flying squadrons preparing them to pilot the kind of plane they would use to fight over Europe and the Pacific Theatre during World War II.
From 1945 to 1953 it served as a camp for storing tens of millions of surplus World War II airplanes. After the Second World War, some 2,500 planes were stocked, resold or scraped there, among them B-17, B-24, B-25, P-38, P-40, P-51 and P-47. The majority of the B-17s sent to Altus for warehousing were new "G" direct from the production line, creating a powerful buyer base for the consumer electronics industry.
In 1943, the B-17F "Memphis Belle" was honoured as the first B-17 heavier B-17 fighter to carry out the then obligatory 25 mission. Thereafter, the plane was rescued and repaired. In May 1948 the fleet of airplanes was reduced and the plant was handed over to the city of Altus for use as a local aiport.
U.S. Navy ran the plant as an outpost for NAS Clinton, Oklahoma. In the aftermath of the Great Wars, Searcy field was sold to the Reconstruction Finance Corporation and was used to stock nearly 500 planes. Inventories comprised B-24 Liberators, B-17 Flying Fortresses, P-40 Warhawks, Navy PB4Y-1 and other airplane models. During February 1946, Paul Mantz, a renowned aeronautical specialist, acquired the stock of 475 excess aeroplanes in Searcy at a price of approximately $117 each.
It retained 11 of the planes for its own use, and the other 464 were dismantled and shipped to St. Louis, Missouri, where they were melded. Approximately 1,300 planes were warehoused, resold or scraped at this international airfield just west of Wichita Falls, Texas. Until 1947, the WAA had around 65,000 aircrafts.
On the other hand, some aeroplanes would be kept in reserves for later use. "Once chopped into chunks, the plane remains are transported to the melt (in the distance).